Skip to main content

Packing, Cramps and All Those Little Annoyances...

So, guess what? We are moving! Not from our church just from our rental. Woohoo! After 4 1/2 years (marvelous ones), God has allowed us to buy a home. We feel blessed beyond measure. But along with the joys of buying a new home are the woes of packing up our rental. And to top it off, I am cramping. Ay-ay-ay! And if that weren't enough my 12 year old is acting like an alien from another planet. Seriously, "who is this kid and what have they done with him?"
No, I am not complaining. This is the only place I can vent and not one of you can tell me I'm nuts or overreacting. It's nice to get it out.
Things I have learned while waiting:
1. I hate waiting.
2. It's hard to wait.
3. Waiting requires trust in God, my source and the One who sees the big picture and knows what's best for me.
4. It strengthens me. It matures me. It removes toxins I didn't even know were there.
5. It teaches me to relinquish control and allow God to have His way.
6. Teaches me that God is God and only when He says it's a go, then it's a go. Not my will but Your will be done, Lord!

Waiting is so hard, but man is it necessary. I can say this now after waiting for an answer about purchasing a home for 4 1/2 years (but I did say it even while waiting), but God does know best. What was He keeping us from? Only He knows.

Cramps on the other hand must happen. It's a natural order of things, right? Just like waiting. Waiting produces patience and develops trust, removes toxins in our hearts and minds, cleanses us, and teaches us to perservere. Okay so cramps do produce an ungodly mess but it is also a cleansing. It happens as a natural order of things. But unlike waiting, I can take an ibuprofen and make it feel better. When it comes to waiting, my "pill" is Jesus and remembering where it is that He has brought us from and what He has done for us in the past. I could never forget His goodness and faithfulness to us, ever!
I sure do hope it's mostly women reading this today for a man probably wouldn't understand (well, perhaps just the gnashing of teeth).
Now if any of you have any packing tips or wish to fly in and help...LOL...no, seriously...I would welcome all the tips and all the help we could get.
I can wait...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sleeping Giant Needs to Wake Up!

Lately, I have been reading articles and watching the news and noticing that there is a trend going on. I don't know if you have noticed it or not. You may even be experiencing it at work or in your own community. Last night I read an article about ABC wanting to pilot a show called, "Good Christian B****es." It is a show about women in the church and their depiction. It is similar to "Desperate Housewives" in a whole other form. When the periodical "Christianity Today" was contacted about how offensive the name and content of the show was to them, they chose not to fall for the trap. But someone did say in the same article, "I would highly doubt that you would see a show titled, "Good Muslim B****es" or "Good Jewish B****es." Why is it okay for Christians to be bashed and depicted in such a manner. I am not naive to think that we are perfect or gossip-free. I have been in ministry long enough to know that we struggle with the

Push Me and I'll Push Harder

This week has been a week of intense emotion on many different levels. My husband was hospitalized after a misdiagnosis that could have been almost fatal had we not persisted in getting him to a different hospital. What should have been a minor procedure of removing a sick appendix turned out to be much worse because of the lapsed time between the misdiagnosis and the actual diagnosis. To see my husband, a strong and independent man, healthy and beautiful so drained and sick, made me sad and angry. I could not understand why this was happening, especially to him. During the surgery, I get a call from my mother that my youngest was sick with a fever. I was so torn and could not seem to take it anymore. My insides were a mess and all I wanted to do was scream, run and breakdown. I did cry, and thankfully, I had two really good friends by my side that encouraged me and really helped me along. My husband ended up staying in the hospital for an entire week, due to the infection and post-op

Crazy Like Life

Man, it's been crazy around here lately. I thought that after the holidays things would begin to slow down a bit. But I must say that the speed of life has gained momentum. Totally NUTS. But this is my life. Seasons come and seasons go. At Transformation Church things are more amazing every week. People are coming from all over to begin their spiritual journey. What an honor!!! That they would choose to come to TC. That they trust us enough to start here. There is a bible verse that says, " But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." When we gather as a team on Monday mornings to pray for the needs of our church, for the needs our community we are humbled to know that God would use us to do this great work, to think that He would choose us. With all sincerity, we weep at this knowledge. So as God continues to bring lives to us here @ TC things are getting busier. But man, are we excited! An