Skip to main content

One of Those Days

So today has already been "one of those days." Got up late; later than my littlest guy. Made a quick breakfast of cereal and toaster waffles. Ran around rushing them and me, trying to get out of the house before 8 so they wouldn't be late for school. Made lunches. Begged my husband to pack my lunch while I got dressed. Couldn't shower. Forgot to brush my teeth...don't judge me! Put on two different shades of purple or pink (does it matter? They are both hideous). And what I'm wearing is way too tight. Yes, muffin top exposed to the fullest. Thank God that my jeans were in my car and have been for two days since coming out of the gym. I couldn't kiss my kids because they were running late so when I dropped them off at the school they had to run in. Didn't pray with them either. It's been one of those days already and it's only 9:24 in the morning. I pray that your day has started out so much better than mine. And I pray that my kids take all the good out of this morning and not focus on the crazy deranged woman that they call mom and her crazy ways of corraling them this AM. At times like these I feel less than adequate, less than perfect and extremely vulnerable. I feel terrible. But I am figuring something out here...Light bulb moment...that maybe God wants us to feel less than adequate, less than perfect, vulnerable. Not that He wants us to be insecure people just insecure in our abilities but secure in Him. As soon as I am finished writing this I will be going off for a few minutes to decompress and talk to the One who makes me perfect ( a little each day) and to Him who says, "it's okay not to have it all together all of the time. It's okay to have mornings like these because they will bring you to Me." I need Him, folks. I need Him everyday, all day, for every reason and every occasion. I can't do without Him. He is my everything. So on days where I have been less than gracious to my husband and kids. Or on days where I forget to pray over my kids. On days when I am running like a "deranged woman." (Josiah likes to use that word a lot. Wonder where he got it from?), I know that Jesus understands. That He gets it, that He gets me. And He loves me just the same. On days like today, I run to Him and He waits with open arms to welcome me in. He tells me that "it's going to be okay and that tomorrow will be a better day." And it will be even if I forget my shoes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sleeping Giant Needs to Wake Up!

Lately, I have been reading articles and watching the news and noticing that there is a trend going on. I don't know if you have noticed it or not. You may even be experiencing it at work or in your own community. Last night I read an article about ABC wanting to pilot a show called, "Good Christian B****es." It is a show about women in the church and their depiction. It is similar to "Desperate Housewives" in a whole other form. When the periodical "Christianity Today" was contacted about how offensive the name and content of the show was to them, they chose not to fall for the trap. But someone did say in the same article, "I would highly doubt that you would see a show titled, "Good Muslim B****es" or "Good Jewish B****es." Why is it okay for Christians to be bashed and depicted in such a manner. I am not naive to think that we are perfect or gossip-free. I have been in ministry long enough to know that we struggle with the

Push Me and I'll Push Harder

This week has been a week of intense emotion on many different levels. My husband was hospitalized after a misdiagnosis that could have been almost fatal had we not persisted in getting him to a different hospital. What should have been a minor procedure of removing a sick appendix turned out to be much worse because of the lapsed time between the misdiagnosis and the actual diagnosis. To see my husband, a strong and independent man, healthy and beautiful so drained and sick, made me sad and angry. I could not understand why this was happening, especially to him. During the surgery, I get a call from my mother that my youngest was sick with a fever. I was so torn and could not seem to take it anymore. My insides were a mess and all I wanted to do was scream, run and breakdown. I did cry, and thankfully, I had two really good friends by my side that encouraged me and really helped me along. My husband ended up staying in the hospital for an entire week, due to the infection and post-op

Crazy Like Life

Man, it's been crazy around here lately. I thought that after the holidays things would begin to slow down a bit. But I must say that the speed of life has gained momentum. Totally NUTS. But this is my life. Seasons come and seasons go. At Transformation Church things are more amazing every week. People are coming from all over to begin their spiritual journey. What an honor!!! That they would choose to come to TC. That they trust us enough to start here. There is a bible verse that says, " But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." When we gather as a team on Monday mornings to pray for the needs of our church, for the needs our community we are humbled to know that God would use us to do this great work, to think that He would choose us. With all sincerity, we weep at this knowledge. So as God continues to bring lives to us here @ TC things are getting busier. But man, are we excited! An