Skip to main content

Begin Again...

I am going back to school!!!!!! Can you believe it? I simply cannot contain myself! It's funny how this all began. My dreams have been fulfilled in every respect when it comes to having an amazing husband, two great kids, serving in full-time ministry, and being in God's perfect will (there is nothing better than that). But for me education was always very important and still is (just ask my 10 year old...lol). I grew up in a family where I was the first to graduate High School and the first to go to college. They were hard working people but education was not an option at the time. They had to work to survive. I come from a family of master craftsmen, a family with strong work ethics. My grandfather still works his land in Puerto Rico, he is 80 years old and suffers from bad eye sight, but still gets up when the rooster crows and feeds himself and his family by the sweat of his brow and the food he grows. I wanted to go to college, always! It was away to not be a statistic. I did not want to be another minority girl, pregnant and on welfare. I wanted to get out of that environment. I wanted to do something bigger and something greater than myself. As a 17 year old, that is the way I thought. I also had a mom who "strongly" encouraged me to go to school, go to college, get an education so that you don't have to depend on the government or on anyone. She was my biggest cheerleader. In High School, I did a lot of socializing, but I loved to learn and to read and to master whatever subject I was studying (somehow Science and Math were not two of those subjects). Went to a community college and being 18 and away from home became so unfocused that I was at a 2 year college for more than 3 years...and it wasn't because I was a part-time student either... lol...so much time wasted. Then I finally got serious. Transferred out of there and went to the school of my dreams in a state of my dreams, Southeastern University in sunny Florida! After a crazy three years, I finally found a place where I could start over, where I could begin again. And it was wonderful. For a year, I did pretty good, except in Anatomy and Physiology, which I have to take over again....ugggghhhh! Then my prince charming came a callin'...literally. I came home for the summer, expecting to go back, and I never did. I got married, went into ministry, and had three wonderful boys. I didn't think much of going back to school, until recently. It's something that I have left undone, a loose end. My kids are getting big and are independent for the most part so they don't need mommy in the same way as when they were babies. I feel that now is the right time to go back. I am older now and wiser (I hope). Not easily distracted (unless there is Chinese food in the room). More focused on the important things. I am sure it will be very hard to get studying done, papers due, tests completed and passed, but if God has opened these doors then I believe that He knows that I can do this. I also have an amazing support system...a supportive husband and two very cute kids. With God and my family with me how can I fail?
I ask for much prayer, for me and for my family, for finances to be released (no loans) and for clarity of mind. These my friends, I covet.
I will keep you all updated on my "college" days...without the partying...LOL
It's never too late to begin again...Enjoy the Ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sleeping Giant Needs to Wake Up!

Lately, I have been reading articles and watching the news and noticing that there is a trend going on. I don't know if you have noticed it or not. You may even be experiencing it at work or in your own community. Last night I read an article about ABC wanting to pilot a show called, "Good Christian B****es." It is a show about women in the church and their depiction. It is similar to "Desperate Housewives" in a whole other form. When the periodical "Christianity Today" was contacted about how offensive the name and content of the show was to them, they chose not to fall for the trap. But someone did say in the same article, "I would highly doubt that you would see a show titled, "Good Muslim B****es" or "Good Jewish B****es." Why is it okay for Christians to be bashed and depicted in such a manner. I am not naive to think that we are perfect or gossip-free. I have been in ministry long enough to know that we struggle with the

Push Me and I'll Push Harder

This week has been a week of intense emotion on many different levels. My husband was hospitalized after a misdiagnosis that could have been almost fatal had we not persisted in getting him to a different hospital. What should have been a minor procedure of removing a sick appendix turned out to be much worse because of the lapsed time between the misdiagnosis and the actual diagnosis. To see my husband, a strong and independent man, healthy and beautiful so drained and sick, made me sad and angry. I could not understand why this was happening, especially to him. During the surgery, I get a call from my mother that my youngest was sick with a fever. I was so torn and could not seem to take it anymore. My insides were a mess and all I wanted to do was scream, run and breakdown. I did cry, and thankfully, I had two really good friends by my side that encouraged me and really helped me along. My husband ended up staying in the hospital for an entire week, due to the infection and post-op

Crazy Like Life

Man, it's been crazy around here lately. I thought that after the holidays things would begin to slow down a bit. But I must say that the speed of life has gained momentum. Totally NUTS. But this is my life. Seasons come and seasons go. At Transformation Church things are more amazing every week. People are coming from all over to begin their spiritual journey. What an honor!!! That they would choose to come to TC. That they trust us enough to start here. There is a bible verse that says, " But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." When we gather as a team on Monday mornings to pray for the needs of our church, for the needs our community we are humbled to know that God would use us to do this great work, to think that He would choose us. With all sincerity, we weep at this knowledge. So as God continues to bring lives to us here @ TC things are getting busier. But man, are we excited! An